Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Acer Aspire One

I'm typing this post on the Acer Aspire One at the MVU Symposium. This is my first opportunity to put this computer through the paces and I have to admit that I like it quite a bit. Although the keyboard is a bit compact and the touch pad seems to be in line with proper thumb placement, it doesn't hamper my use. Mainly because I have a very bad habit of using my right index finger to use the space bar, therefore, my thumbs don't rest on the touchpad.


I quickly connected to the network, accepted the user agreement and got to work opening several simultaneous windows. I opened Microsoft Word 2007, ooVoo, and several Firefox tabs including connecting to the webmail server for my district. So far all is going well. It is very light weight and is even easy to handle when using my lap as a table top. I've install several programs such as Skype, ooVoo, Quest Atlantis, Firefox, Chrome and more and they all appear to be working.

Although the storage space is limited, I don't find this to be a deal breaker because I find that I use remote server spaces for much of my work. This blog is hosted by blogspot, my documents are saved to Google docs and there is always a thumb drive if needed.

I think that this is going to be a holiday gift to myself.

No comments: