Saturday, January 24, 2009

Spell with Flickr

I have to admit, sometimes I'm pretty simple and like the shiny objects. Spell with Flickr is a simple but elegant program, written by Erik Kastner, which searches the Flickr database of pictures to spell out any word of your choosing.

You simply type in the word(s) that you want spelled and hit enter. After receiving the initial rendering you can change any letter simply by clicking on it. Once you found a combination that you like, copy the code and paste it into your html code.

Below is my daughter's name created using Spell with Flickr:
Z O Copper Square Letter s letter I A38
I'm still working out how to use this in PowerPoint and other "nonweb" based programs.

1 comment:

Erik Kastner said...

Thanks for linking to my little corner of the web. If you want to use the output in another non-web program, the easiest way is to take a screenshot and paste that into your program of choice. On windows, you can hit alt+printscreen and the contents of the topmost window will be on your clipboard!